One 6-oz. carton plain, low-fat yogurt or 5.3-oz. carton plain, whole-milk Greek yogurt
2/3 cup regular rolled oats
2/3 cup milk (or preferred milk substitute)
1/2 cup fresh blackberries
1 tablespoon blackberry preserves (or to taste)
1 tablespoon chia seed or flaxseed meal (optional)
1. In a medium bowl combine ingredients.
2. Transfer mixture to a pint jar with a lid or two half-pint jars with lids.
3. Cover and chill overnight or up to 3 days.
4. To serve, top with additional blackberries and almonds.
Makes 2 servings
Recipe Inspired by Better Homes and Gardens
2 cups Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons almonds (or sprinkle to heart’s content)
1/2 cup blueberries (apply freely)
2 tablespoons shredded coconut
Optional: Swirl in a couple tablespoons of blueberry preserves for color and sweetness.
1. Mix 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and honey into the Greek yogurt.
2. Spread the Greek yogurt mixture evenly onto parchment paper (or wax paper), about
3. Sprinkle on toppings: almonds, blueberries, coconut.
4. Freeze overnight or for about 5 hours.
5. In the morning remove from the baking sheet and break into small pieces and eat cold.
6. Store extra pieces in a freezer-safe container.
Sliced sourdough bread (or any bread you prefer)
Mascarpone cheese (softened to spread)
Fresh strawberries (sliced)
Spread about 1 tablespoon of mascarpone onto each slice of bread (quantity of cheese depends on bread size). Layer sliced strawberries over mascarpone, add a couple basil leaves then drizzle honey on top. Top with another mascarpone slathered bread slice (plain bread to outer sides of sandwich). Melt a tablespoon of butter in hot skillet or grill pan, add sandwich and grill until golden brown (a couple of minutes). Flip and grill opposite side of sandwich, adding more butter if needed.
Recipe inspired by Serious Eats