One 6-oz. carton plain, low-fat yogurt or 5.3-oz. carton plain, whole-milk Greek yogurt
2/3 cup regular rolled oats
2/3 cup milk (or preferred milk substitute)
1/2 cup fresh blackberries
1 tablespoon blackberry preserves (or to taste)
1 tablespoon chia seed or flaxseed meal (optional)
1. In a medium bowl combine ingredients.
2. Transfer mixture to a pint jar with a lid or two half-pint jars with lids.
3. Cover and chill overnight or up to 3 days.
4. To serve, top with additional blackberries and almonds.
Makes 2 servings
Recipe Inspired by Better Homes and Gardens
2 cups Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons almonds (or sprinkle to heart’s content)
1/2 cup blueberries (apply freely)
2 tablespoons shredded coconut
Optional: Swirl in a couple tablespoons of blueberry preserves for color and sweetness.
1. Mix 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and honey into the Greek yogurt.
2. Spread the Greek yogurt mixture evenly onto parchment paper (or wax paper), about ½-inch thick.
3. Sprinkle on toppings: almonds, blueberries, coconut.
4. Freeze overnight or for about 5 hours.
5. In the morning remove from the baking sheet and break into small pieces and eat cold.
6. Store extra pieces in a freezer-safe container.
Recipe Inspired by Fit Lush
16 ounces prepared whole wheat pizza dough
1 ½ cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella
5 ounces goat cheese
1 ½ cups (about ½ pound) chopped strawberries, leafy ends removed and sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade into short little strips
Freshly ground black pepper
½ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll out your pizza dough into a 12 to 14-inch round on a floured surface. Top the pizza dough with the shredded mozzarella, big crumbles of goat cheese, and strawberries. Bake on a lightly oiled baking sheet (or on a pizza stone) until the cheese is bubbling and golden and the crust is crisp underneath, about 35 to 40 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the balsamic reduction. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar and honey. Gently simmer the mixture on medium-low heat until it is reduced in volume by half (this should take about 10 to 15 minutes) and set aside.
3. Once the pizza is done baking, use a spoon to lightly drizzle balsamic reduction on top, as shown in photo. Sprinkle basil and freshly ground black pepper on top. Slice and serve.
Recipe Inspired by Cookie + Kate