3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/3 to 1 1/2 cups heavy cream plus more for brushing the top
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
Turbinado sugar for topping
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
2. In a measuring cup mix together vanilla extract and 1 1/3 cups cream. Drizzle cream mixture over dry ingredients and stir as you pour. Fold in strawberries and knead until the dough is cohesive but not sticky. Add a little extra cream is necessary.
3. Dump the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Gently knead the dough on a floured surface and form into a circle about 3/4″ thick.
4. Use a small biscuit cutter or juice glass to cut small circles from the dough. Brush each circle with cream and sprinkle generously with turbinado sugar.
5. Bake on baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes about 2 dozen mini scones
Recipe Inspired by King Arthur Flours
1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
1 cup light cream cheese
1/4 cup powder sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 cups of fresh berries
1. Preheat the oven 400 degrees. Place ready rolled pastry onto parchment paper lined baking tray and score a rectangle into the pastry, 1-2 inches from the edge. Poke the middle of the pastry with a fork.
2. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden & puffy; let cool completely.
3. Beat cream cheese, powder sugar and vanilla until light and smooth, about 1 minute.
4. Spread cream onto cooled pastry.
5. Top the cream filling with berries and dust with powdered sugar.
Tart can keep in an airtight container up to 2 days in fridge.
Recipe Inspired by Annie’s Noms
2 oz. fresh lime juice (about 6 limes)
8 oz. blueberry infused vodka
2 cans or bottles ginger beer
Sprigs of mint, extra lime, & fresh blueberries to garnish
1. Fill each copper mug with ice.
2. Squeeze ½ ounce of lime juice, and pour 2 ounces of infused blueberry vodka into each mug.
3. Top with ginger beer & stir.
4. Garnish with a sprig of mint, a wedge of lime, and LOTS of blueberries!
Recipe Inspired by Bushel and Berry