INGREDIENTS 3 slices (1/2-inch-thick) rustic white bread 2 to 3…
1 lb chopped, fresh strawberries 1/3 cup of sugar
2 tsp of lemon juice
2 pints vanilla ice cream
1. Add strawberries, sugar and lemon juice to a nonstick pan, boil over medium heat until slightly thickened or about 8 minutes. Pour into a bowl and mash lightly with a fork; put in freezer until cold.
2. Scoop ice cream into a microwave safe bowl and soften in microwave at lowest setting for 10-20 second intervals; stirring until smooth. Spread in 13” x 9” dish and freeze until somewhat firm, about 10 minutes.
3. Spoon strawberry sauce over ice cream and then using the spoon, gently swirl into the ice cream. Scoop the mixture into pop molds or into paper cups and add sticks or straws. Freeze until completely firm, about 2 hours.
Makes 12-15 creamsicles, depending on size of molds/cups
• To remove pops, run warm water over outside of molds for a few seconds to loosen.
Simply peel paper cups.
• Colorful straw halves make festive sticks.
• Try with other ice cream flavors: chocolate, coconut, lemon…